The Graduate Program in Ecology and Conservation (PPEC) is aimed at training professionals, producing knowledge for better understanding of standards and processes related to biodiversity of the Brazilian semi-arid region, implementing biodiversity conservation and producing data on the functioning of aquatic and terrestrial ecosystems in the Brazilian semi-arid region, and calculating natural resource exploitation capacity for a sustainable use.
International students can apply for PPEC under the Exchange Program for Graduate Students (PEC-PG), supported by the Coordination for the Improvement of Higher Education Personnel (CAPES), the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MRE), and the National Council for Scientific and Technological Development (CNPq).
Students from developing countries with which Brazil maintains educational, cultural or scientific-technological agreement can apply for a scholarship under the call for applications announced every year in the program’s webpage. For information on dates and deadlines, scholarships and the list of eligible countries access http://www.capes.gov.br/cooperacao-internacional/multinacional/pec-pg (in Portuguese).
PPEC is focused on the broader field of Ecology and Conservation of the Semi-arid Region, and there are 2 specific research focus areas:
Ecology and Conservation of Aquatic Ecosystems
This area covers studies on: the development of ecological principles for the conservation and sustainable management of natural resources, and the identification of biodiversity standards as well as the processes creating them in aquatic ecosystems of the Brazilian semi-arid region.
Ecology and Conservation of Terrestrial Ecosystems
This area covers studies on: the development of ecological principles for the conservation and sustainable management of natural resources, and the identification of biodiversity standards as well as the processes creating them in terrestrial ecosystems of the Brazilian semi-arid region.
- Cristina Baldauf (email@example.com)
- Gustavo Henrique Gonzaga Silva (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Humberto Gomes Hazin (email@example.com)
- José Luís Costa Novaes (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Cecília Calabuig (email@example.com)
- Daniel Cunha Passos (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Daniela Faria Florencio (email@example.com)
- Guelson Batista da Silva (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Jorge Iván Sánchez Botero (email@example.com)
- Kleberson Porpino (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Leonardo Fernandes França (email@example.com)
- Michael Hrncir (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Rodrigo Fernandes (email@example.com)
- Vitor de Oliveira Lunardi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Cristiano Queiroz de Albuquerque (email@example.com)
Graduate Program in Ecology and Conservation – PPEC/UFERSA
572 Francisco Mota Ave. – Costa e Silva
Mossoró, RN 59625-900